When you’re feeling really lazy in the kitchen (seems to be a common theme for me these days), and you want something quick but still yummy, kimchi gooksoo to the rescue! It’s so easy, Kuma can almost do it! And it sure beats ramen (at least for me). It’s perfect for a quick lunch, or even dinner, especially on a hot summer day (which is nowhere to be seen these days ).
- well fermented kimchi, 1 cup chopped
- thin Asian noodles (somyun, soba, rice noodles, etc.)
- sesame oil, 1 tbsp
- sugar, 2 tsp
- hot pepper flakes, 1 tsp
- kimchi juice, 1 tbsp
- white or wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
- hot pepper paste to taste (optional)
- soy sauce to taste (optional)
- chopped green onion
- roasted sesame seeds
- Cook noodles until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and make sure noodles are cold and drained well.
- Add kimchi, sesame oil, sugar, hot pepper flakes, kimchi juice, and vinegar. Hot pepper paste and soy sauce are optional. Mix well, taste, and add anything according to taste.
- Sprinkle with green onions and roasted sesame seeds.
Disclaimer: The measurements stated above are estimates. Please listen to your heart, and add ingredients accordingly.