I’m not a cook nor a photographer, and I’m not trying to be either. I am, however, a loving wife, dog mommy, and pharmacy student. One of my biggest passions (besides my #1, the hubby) is food. I cook by very basic means…no crazy tools, no fancy techniques. Same goes for my photography “skills.” I definitely have a lot to learn about all the technicalities and creativity required. For now, the only technique that I have artfully mastered is cooking with a glass of wine in hand and Sex and the City reruns playing in the background. That is my happy place. But my eating skills are well developed, and I really never pass up a yummy opportunity. This blog is simply a way of sharing my food and cooking ventures as well as little bits and spoonfuls of my life as seen through my (sometimes, phone) camera lens.
A few ingredients I can’t live without…
- Garlic. Mmm…I just love love love garlic, any which way. You can count on me to ignore recipes when it comes to garlic. I usually step it up about 5-10 times depending on the food. You don’t want to overdo it.
- Jalapeño. I buy pounds at a time. I like to pickle them, eat them raw, and throw them in foods where they don’t belong. My hubby’s stomach has taken a beating from this habit. I’m trying to cut back at bit…just a bit.
- Onion. You’ll always hear me asking for extra onions wherever I can. Oh, and at Costco? Hot dogs? Forget about it. You can’t even see my hot dog when I’m done turning that wheel. I use forks to eat my hot dogs.
- Tabasco & other hot sauces. My friends and family know I can’t eat anything without some spice. Hot stuff rules.
- Kuma. She’s just about the sweetest dog I’ve ever known. Read more about her here.
- Hubby AKA MK. He’s my #1 fan and such an amazing person in so many ways…not to mention handsome and tall. He loves doing goofy things to make me laugh. We fit like a two-piece puzzle.
So please bear with me, and I hope you’ll find my blog at least mildly amusing! And always comment, comment, comment! Comments make me happy. Thanks for stopping by!
If you would like to tell me what you’re eating or simply say ‘hello’, email me at email@example.com, or use this form. Talk to you soon!